Continuing with my series on Intermittent Fasting (IM), I have some speedy quick tips to share with you.
I hope these help if you decide you’d like give it a try!
Tips For Intermittent Fasting Like A Rockstar
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. I aim to drink 16 ounces first thing when I wake up, then throughout the day. Filling up with H2O keeps hunger pangs away. Plus, it’s just plain healthy.
- Drink green tea and coffee during the fast. If you want to add Stevia that’s fine, but stay away from sugar and creamers because of the added calories. And, best of all, caffeine naturally suppresses the appetite.
- Start your fast after dinner. This is the easiest time to start because you’ll be sleeping for the majority of the fast. There’s no reason to make it hard on yourself, right?
- Break your fast with healthy food. Make sure your first meal of the day includes plenty of nourishing whole foods. Try to stay away from processed junk food and sugar.
- Be aware of portion sizes. Chew your food slowly and savor the flavors. Don’t eat more than you would in a typical meal.
- Include plenty of protein in each meal. Protein is a great appetite suppressant and it’s essential for maintaining and building muscle. You might like to try this recipe for My Favorite Peanut Butter Protein Shake.
- Try it for at least 3 or 4 weeks. This gives your body time to adapt. And it gives you a fair amount of time to decide what you think about IM.
- Be flexible and expect ups and downs. This is normal, as are ups in downs in life. Try to relax through it and “this too shall pass”. In the meantime, revel in flexing your self-discipline muscles.
- Stay busy and be productive. You may find your most productive time is during your fast. This has been my experience. In fact, I’m writing this post while I’m fasting.
- Work out a little. There’s no need to overdo it here but you might lift some weights, do a kettlebell workout or go on a walk. The important thing is to move your body and do something you enjoy!
- Allow time for quality sleep. Everyone is different, but aim to catch plenty of zzzzz’s. Most adults need 7 to 8 hours.
- Listen to your body. Pay attention to energy levels, moods and emotions, hunger and food cravings, and how you feel overall. Fasting is the perfect time to get in touch with your body’s cues.
I hope these tips for IM help you if you decide to try it. Different things work for different people, but I’m really loving it for better concentration, weight loss (1), fewer sugar cravings and many more health benefits.
But, whatever you decide, I know you’re a rockstar! 😉
Are you thinking about trying IM? Can you think of more tips to add? Please leave you comments below and get the conversation started. I love hearing from you and will reply to your comments as soon as possible. Thanks guys! XO
Finally, if you would like to learn more about Intermittent Fasting you may want to to check out:
- The Quick Guide To Intermittent Fasting
- 9 Health Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting
- 9 Essential Questions About Intermittent Fasting Answered
- Intermittent Fasting: The Effortless Way To Lose Weight
Connect With Me Below:
This post contains affiliate links. And you can read our Affiliate Policy here.