Whey protein powder packs a nutritional punch and has many health benefits.
When you are purchasing it, I recommend checking the list of ingredients to make sure it is not full of sugar, artificial sweeteners, or ingredients you don’t recognize. If in doubt, you might want to look any unknown ingredients up on the internet.
Generally speaking, the fewer ingredients, the better. Also, try to look for whey protein concentrate because it’s usually both more nutritious and affordable.
Pictured below is the protein powder my husband and I are using currently. We’ve tried several, but so far, this one tastes the best (in my humble opinion), and the vanilla flavor is easy to mix with many other add-ins, such as fruits, nuts, etc.
Whey powder can be a great addition to your diet, whether you’re trying to lose weight, or gain muscle.
5 Health Benefits Of Whey Protein
- Whey is a great source of high-quality protein, is quickly absorbed and full of the amino acids our bodies need to work optimally.
- Long-term consumption of whey protein may lower cholesterol levels.
- It’s filling, which can cut hunger, something that is especially beneficial when trying to lose weight.
- Whey protein may lower blood pressure, and help control type 2 diabetes when taken along with a high-carbohydrate meal.
- It can help reduce inflammation in the body, a risk factor for many conditions.
Along with the many benefits of whey protein, it’s easy to blend into a variety of different foods, such as pancakes, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, cookies and yogurt.
Have you tried whey protein? What’s your favorite way to eat it?
Please share in the comment section below. I love hearing from you!
Connect With Me Below:
This post contains affiliate links. And you can read our Affiliate Policy here.