Oil pulling is an excellent, natural practice to upgrade your oral health. I only wish I had known about it sooner!
After years of searching for the best teeth whitener, enduring tooth pain associated with typical whitestrips, whitening lamps, gels and abrasive toothpastes (not to mention the cost of buying all these products) I’m happy to find a simple cost-effective solution.
One of my favorite things about oil pulling is that it gets my teeth whiter than any of these products ever did! Not to mention the other amazing health benefits oil pulling provides.
The process is simple.
So, if you’ve ever wondered if there’s a better option keep reading and I’ll share a tip I’ve learned that’s simplified and improved my oral health in many ways.
To start, here is a short video I made describing 8 Healthy Benefits of Oil Pulling:
(Please subscribe to my (new) channel on YouTube at LoriGeurin. Thanks so much!)
Health Benefits Of Oil Pulling
- teeth whitening
- detoxifies the body
- improves skin conditions
- heals bleeding gums
- helps reverse gingivitis
- freshens breath
- kills bacteria
- reduces plaque
- prevents, and even reverses, tooth decay (amazing, right?!)
How To Do Oil Pulling
- Put 1 to 2 teaspoons (or up to 1 tablespoon) of oil in your mouth. If you’re using coconut oil you may need to chew it a little at first to help it dissolve because it is solid at room temperature.
- Swish the oil in your mouth for 20 minutes. Make sure your swishing is hard enough to pull the oil through your teeth, but not so hard to cause stress or jaw pain. A gentle swishing movement is perfect. 🙂 When you’re swishing make sure you do not gargle or swallow any of the oil! This would put the harmful toxins back into your body.
- Spit the oil out in the trash. Do not spit in the sink. This could clog up your plumbing.
- Rinse your mouth with water, swishing well. Repeat until all the oil is gone.
- Brush your teeth as you normally would.
- Check out your clean white smile!
I hope you enjoyed the video and learning more about the health benefits of oil pulling! If you decide to try it, please share your experience below. Once you get in the habit of doing it, it becomes a habit, like anything else. I usually do it when I’m getting ready in the morning so it’s part of my routine.
I hope you’re able to try this natural practice that’s been around for ages. When you experience whiter teeth, fresher breath, reduced plaque and cavities (as well as the many other benefits) it truly does compel you to continue.
Have you tried oil pulling? What changes have you noticed?
Please share below in the comment section. I love hearing from you!
If you liked this and want to learn more about oil pulling, you may want to check out:
Connect With Me Below:
This post contains affiliate links. And you can read our Affiliate Policy here.