Mixed Messages About Taking Supplements
There are many misconceptions about taking nutritional supplements.
It seems more obvious that people with chronic health conditions need supplements.
Some people think if you’re healthy and eat a nutritious diet, then supplements aren’t necessary.
But there’s more to consider when making your decision
Even relatively healthy people can benefit from taking supplements.
5 Reasons to Take Nutritional Supplements:
- The fruits and vegetables we eat are often lacking essential minerals due to soil depletion. The soils are deficient in key minerals. This is often due to agricultural practices.
- Stress from leading busy lives wears down our immune system. Taking whole-food supplements can help fill in the gaps. This helps to make sure our bodies are functioning effectively.
- Taking prescription drugs over time can cause the body’s nutrient supply to become deficient.
- Due to increasing pollution in our food and water supply our bodies may use more nutrients to help detoxify the harmful substances. Learn more about detoxification here.
- Many of our foods are stored for long periods of time. Others are shipped long distances before they are bought and eaten . This causes depletion of vitamins.
When choosing high-quality nutritional supplements, make sure they’re free from artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.
Focus on all natural, whole-food supplements.
You might want to start with taking these 4 essential supplements.
Do you take nutritional supplements? Have you noticed an improvement in your health from taking supplements?
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our Affiliate Policy here.