What is Detoxification?
Detoxification, or detox, takes place when toxins are removed from the body.
- pesticides and preservatives in the foods we eat
- second-hand cigarette smoke
- bad bacteria
- chronic infections
- negative thought patterns.
Due to the many harmful effects of the toxins, there are several reasons to detox.
Five Reasons to Detox
- It helps prevent disease, and can reverse disease processes.
- Results in more energy, and an improved sense of well-being.
- Weight Loss–Toxins like to hide in fat cells. More body fat leads to a higher toxic load on the body, which often leads to disease.
- Increased health and efficiency of the digestive system.
- It can help bodily organs and systems work better and more efficiently.
Due to chronic illness, I’ve become more aware of toxins in the foods we eat, the air we breathe and the cleaning and beauty products we use. I believe detoxification can benefit anyone, healthy or otherwise.
You might like to check out 5 Easy Ways to Detox. Hopefully you’ll find some new ideas that help you too!
Do you detox? What would you add to this list? Please share below!
If you enjoyed this, you may like to read:
- 81 Uses For Coconut Oil
- 8 Reasons To Start Oil Pulling
- How To Do Oil Pulling For Better Health
- 12 Health Benefits Of Chia Seeds
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our Affiliate Policy here.