Can you guess what America’s number one New Year’s Resolution was for 2015? If you guessed losing weight you’re 100% correct! This is one of my goals too. 🙂
So what are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
Many believe the key to weight-loss is burning more calories than you eat. But sometimes there’s more to it. Sure, this works for many people, but sometimes there are more factors to consider, including toxins, motivational and time factors, and problems with the thyroid.
So, if you’ve tried to lose weight in the past but didn’t have success with burning more calories than you eat, then you might want to look into other areas that could be slowing your weight loss to a crawl. Believe me, I’ve been there!
Here Are 17 Ways To Lose Weight Faster:
- Drink a glass of water before each meal. Our bodies function more efficiently with plenty of purified water. Drinking water helps with the digestion process. The general recommendation is to drink 8 8-ounce glasses per day, or 2 liters, but depending on your size and activity level you might need a slightly different amount. Here is a more detailed explanation to help you decide how much water you should drink.
- Eat breakfast and include protein. This is a tough one for me to follow because I’m never hungry until about noon. I love to drink my coffee in the morning, but if it weren’t for my sweet husband reminding me to eat breakfast (and sometimes making me a protein shake), I probably wouldn’t. The thing is, when I don’t eat breakfast I have blood sugar issues, feel lousy, and eat more the rest of the day than I would if I’d eaten a protein-rich breakfast.
- Fill up on fiber-rich vegetables and fruits.
- Get a good night’s sleep. If you have trouble winding down at night, taking a hot bath or shower may help. How much sleep should you be getting? Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep per night.
- Only buy healthy whole food. Stay away from pre-packaged foods that have a long list of ingredients. This usually indicates many artificial additives which can wreck havoc on our bodies.
- Find opportunities to move your body throughout the day. Examples are taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking further away from your destination so you can log the extra steps, or doing crunches (or other exercise) while you watch TV.
- Fill up on healthy soups, like these. They are quite satisfying and lower in calories than other options.
- Eat nuts. My personal favorite is pecans. They’re so rich and delicious! Other healthy options include walnuts, almonds and pistachios.
- Drink whey protein. It has many health benefits. Just make sure it is all natural and does not contain harmful sweeteners, like Splenda or Aspertame.
- Eat spicy foods. They can fire up your metabolism, causing you to burn more calories.
- Chew your food well before swallowing. We’ve all heard this before but it works, so it’s worth repeating. 🙂
- Eat your meals on a small salad plate instead of a typical dinner plate.
- Keep a food diary. Writing down everything we eat makes us much more aware of our caloric intake, as well as whether we’re eating enough fiber, protein, and essential vitamins. My favorite way to keep track of what I eat each day is myfitnesspal.com. I also love that it syncs with my Fitbit so I’m sure I don’t miss anything important.
- Avoid white foods, such as white flour, white sugar, white bread and white rice. They can dramatically alter your blood sugar and cause weight gain.
- Drink green tea. It has substances that cause fat cells to release fat, especially with exercise. How cool is that?
- Include full-fat foods in your diet. This includes grass-fed beef, coconut, eggs and avocados.
- Drink coffee! It speeds up your metabolism and causes you to burn more calories (1).
I hope this list helps you meet your weight loss goals and become the healthiest you can. Please let me know if I can help you in any way on your journey to health!
Do you have weight loss tips to add to this list? I’d love to hear from you below in the comments section!
If you enjoyed this post, you may want to read:
- Extreme Weight Loss And Metabolism: “The Biggest Loser”
- 9 Surprising Benefits Of Lemon Water
- The Quick Guide To Intermittent Fasting
- Body Image: You’ve Always Been Beautiful
Connect With Me Below:
This post contains affiliate links. And you can read our Affiliate Policy here.