If you’re like me, you’re not fully awake and ready for the day until you’ve had your morning cup of joe.
In the past, I’d add Stevia, a splash of milk and our favorite sugar-free coffee creamer, Italian Sweet Cream, to my coffee. That was until I realized the creamer had Splenda in it. 🙁 You can check out information on the potential dangers of Splenda here.)
So, I started looking for new ways to drink my morning java that would be equally (or even more) delicious and much less harmful to my health. I wanted to make healthy coffee!
When I was researching coconut oil, I learned that some people add it to their coffee. I tried it, and liked the way it tasted, but I couldn’t get past the oily and less-than-appealing way it looked.
Then I noticed that some people mix their coffee, coconut oil and add-ins in a blender (I use my NutriBullet), so I decided to give it a try too.
Why Try This Healthy Mocha Coffee Drink?
- Because it’s amazingly delicious and rivals anything you buy at the overpriced Starbucks
- Because coconut oil is a rich source of saturated medium chain fatty acids, so it can help you lose weight (if that’s what you’re going for) (1).
- It is quick and easy to make
- It gives you a boost of energy that lasts all morning
- Who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast?
So without further ado…
- Please note that if you’ve never eaten coconut oil you will probably want to start with 1 teaspoon and work your way up. If you’re not used to it, you might notice some mild side effects because coconut oil speeds up your metabolism. (I’ve never experienced any side effects, but want to make you aware because everyone is different) 😉
Do you love coffee? Will you try this healthy coffee recipe and let me know what you think?
If you enjoyed this article, you may want to read: