Why I’m Here
My goal is to encourage, nurture, inform and inspire you in your journey to healthy living, nutrition and fitness.
I enjoy getting to know people and encourage them along their health journey.
And I have a special place in my heart for those who are dealing with chronic illness.
Please let me know if you have a health-related question or topic you’d like for me to cover in a future post!
Who Am I?
I’m Lori and I’m glad you stopped by!
In case you’re wondering how to say my last name, Geurin, it rhymes with “Karen”.
I’m a happy wife to one amazing guy, David. I’m Mom to our 4 incredible and hilarious kids. I love them all so much and they bring so much joy to our lives!
And our baby is Max, the Boston Terrier.
What Do I Do?
I was a Special Education teacher for several years, but life had other plans for me.
Prior to the spring of 2014 I was extremely healthy and active. Unfortunately, that all changed. After months of having severe pain, intense brain fog, mysterious rashes, fevers, developing autoimmune conditions and simply feeling sick all the time, I tested positive for Lyme disease and co-infections.
It took 18 months for a host of doctors and specialists to figure out what was going on with me, and by then the disease is considered late-stage and considerably more difficult to treat.
After struggling for three-and-a-half years with Lyme, I became too sick to teach my young students any longer.
It has been an adjustment, but being at home has given me precious time to work on my health issues and reach out to others dealing with illness.
Now I spend my days as a Lyme disease warrior and activist, blogger and health coach.
In my “free time” (wink wink) I’m a bookworm and enjoy reading the latest about nutrition, Lyme disease and current medical findings.
What Do I Believe?
- I believe life is precious. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, so I’m striving to make the most of every day and live life to the fullest. Am I saying I’m perfect, or I always do this? Nope, but this is my goal, and it keeps me moving in the right direction.
- I believe that every day is a second chance. Whether you have made big or small mistakes in your life (hand raised here!) we can receive grace and let others off the hook when they do or say things that hurt us.
- And I believe that kindness matters. Random acts of kindness can make such a difference in another person’s life.
What About Lyme Disease?
I’m a passionate Lyme activist and have met people who are going through similar health-related difficulties. I feel their pain and want to help in any way I can. I speak out for public awareness and patient rights and strive each day for a healthier life.
To say that it has changed my life and my family’s life is an understatement, but I’m learning and growing stronger through this experience, by the grace of God.
I’m thankful for my family and friends who are there every step of the way, giving support and encouragement.
I enjoy spending time in the great outdoors, especially the beach. And, when my health cooperates, kayaking with the family is a favorite activity.
I like laughing and having fun with my husband, family and friends (like when David and I wore these shirts on our family vacation this past summer. We like to keep the kids humble!)
I also enjoy traveling and having adventures.
Help Me Get To Know You
I’d love to connect with you through my social media links!
You may want to read some of my articles. Here are a few to get you started.
- 8 Reasons To Start Oil Pulling
- How To Do Oil Pulling For Better Health
- 5 Easy Ways To Detox
- 20 Reasons To Try A Kettlebell Workout
- 22 Amazing Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar
- Warning: Lyme Disease Is Spreading Faster Than AIDS
What health questions do you have? What are your interests? Please share below so we can get to know each other!