Whether you’re “as healthy as a horse” or dealing with chronic illness, detoxing is essential in helping the body get rid of harmful toxins.
Fortunately, there are some simple ways to help your body get rid of harmful toxins.
5 Easy Ways To Detox:
1. Drink lots of water with lemon. It’s great to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day, but drinking at least 2 liters a day is even better!
Water helps to flush toxins out of the body. Lemons can help support the immune system and stimulate the liver to help remove toxins.
2. Dry brush your skin before showering. This helps shed dead skin, encourages blood circulation and assists with lymph drainage. You can buy a dry skin brush on Amazon for very little money. This is the one I have and it works great!
3. Sweat the toxins out of your body by taking a hot bath, sitting in a sauna, or exercising hard enough to break a good sweat. After researching portable saunas for a couple of years, my sweet husband bought me this one for Christmas and I love it.
4. Eat a variety of fiber-rich fruits and vegetables. Nourish your body with whole foods.
5. Emphasize the positive. We all have those days (or weeks) when we don’t feel our best or feel exhausted from a busy schedule. I’ve found that if I look for things that I’m grateful for throughout the day it changes my perspective and can help me cope with potentially stressful situations.
There are several other ways to detox, but hopefully this will give you some things to think about and try. I hope you find this list helpful!
I’d love to hear what works well for you! Please share in the comment section below.
For more information, you might like to check out:
to learn more about detoxing your body for better health.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our Affiliate Policy here.